>Is this true?

yes it is true

>Does it not depend on _how_ you work inside ICANN?

no it does not depend on how you work inside of icann....  since the
private BWG mail list started in 1998 I have been an active
participant in that group of people who have all tried to work within
ICANN and one by one I have watched all of them get screwed by the
process of working with ICANN

ICANN survives because the net brings it a continual new supply of
people who assume that it can be trusted and try working with
it.....and one by one by one month after month year after year it
screws them sucks them dry and spits them to the side

>  I see
>a lot of people active on the ncdnhc list who 'hate' ICANN as much as
>possible. Still they vote for the ICANN board seat (maybe without
>success) if they happen to be on the Names Council. Lets not ostracize
>each other. I am not putting any money on ICANN. Still, I don't see
>why I could not participate in some of its processes and at the same
>time be part of 'alternatives'. I would rather see things in the
>perspective of the wrong party being in power.

end to end means that a party should not be in power in  the middle

>Not the power being so
>entagled in cosa nostra that all I can do is buy a gun and go into the
>mountains.

they are corrupt...hopelessly so.

>Anyway, I live in a country that is flat.
>
>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com         From now
through Sept 15th
half price sale on university library site license and access to ALL
back issues.
Site license $575 and all back  issues $300.  http://cookreport.com/sale.shtml