Am 24.04.2012 09:20, schrieb Seth Mos:

Well, we currently only really support the last one. The product mostly
evolves through repetition.

The last as in "the latest, current one", I suppose... :-(

There's a lot of other fixes unrelated to IPv6 in 2.1 that you'll find
which you will probably like.

Well, I'm sure you've heard of "never change a running system"... and my 2.0.1 installations are running just fine right now, and that's the way I like them. ;-) Actually I usually only have trouble with pfSense during upgrades or when hardware fails. Somehow I'm just out of luck when it comes to in-place upgrades, they never work for me (failed on 1.2.3->2.0 and 2.0->2.0.1). I always end up distributing a completely new image and praying that it will read and adapt the config file from the previous one.

Ofcourse we don't immediately drop the old release the moment a new one
arrives. But at all efforts go into the last one mostly.

So what would happen if a security issue appeared in 2.0.1 a month, two months, six months after the release of 2.1? IOW, what's the time frame behind "not immediately"? :-)

-Stefan