Guten Tag Wiebesiek, Torsten,
am Freitag, 8. Januar 2016 um 11:16 schrieben Sie:

> I am not familiar with the Apache requirements for a project. From
> what I understand, there have to be reports filed every three month.
> What else? How can we proceed with the limited resources, we have?

The reports every 3 months shouldn't be a big problem, but you need to
do e.g. votes for releases as well, they need to be signed off and we
currently don't even have a mentor signing off our incubator reports
and such.

You want details? :-)

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

We need one who really wants to make himself familiar with this
process and is afterwards responsible for doing the release.

If binary releases are not a must for Apache, which I didn't know
before, in my opinion we should simply reduce to a source release and
don't even care about the build tools too much. If things don't work
as they are, people will create tickets in JIRA and hopefully provide
patches. cpptasks for our ant based build is not maintained anymore,
so I would suggest to cut it off with autoconf for non-Windows and
documentation and maybe template project files in some "contrib" for
Windows.

I don't know how others work, but with my Windows-IDE I need to create
custom projects all the time for various reasons.

But in the end it all boils down to if someone will follow the
official release process.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--