On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Thorsten Schöning <tschoen...@am-soft.de>
wrote:

> Guten Tag William A Rowe Jr,
> am Freitag, 8. Januar 2016 um 19:18 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I'm trying to understand whether we are looking at a cultural refusal to
> > ever put a post in the stand and say "this is a release, there will be
> other
> > releases, but this is our release as of now"?  Or is this simply a matter
> > of preferring git to svn?
>
> Holy shit no, this is by no means the start of a SCM flamewar, I like
> and still prefer SVN very much, we use it at our company extensively.
> My problem is really only about the release and incubation part and in
> the end, if I'm going to keep my commit permissions to the "current"
> codebase and history or not. I simply won't have the time to go
> through the release process myself, I thought I have it when the
> incubation process started, but it didn't work the last 2 years, so I
> guess it won't work the next 2... And with that in mind, I'm just
> checking the possibilities to keep any somewhat writable permissions
> to the codebase for me.

Dropping general@ for now...

If not you, then ...?  Are there other committers who are interesting in
taking
the release mantle, and really give yourself breathing room to just improve
the code without all the rest of the details?

The lack of 'releases' will no doubt hobble the adoption of this code base,
as many potential consumers will look at the release history and determine
the code is already DoA.  But that shouldn't put us off from continuing as
an incubating project, if some of the other contributors would like to more
actively participate and help push releases of the stable code between bug
and enhancement spurts.

Anyone willing to step up?