Guten Tag Lucas Vickers,
am Dienstag, 1. Juli 2014 um 18:12 schrieben Sie:

> What I'm trying to do now is create a way to alert myself when
> there are error level logs.  I know I can use the smtp appender but
> I don't love this because the credentials are stored locally.  I
> like the idea of sending error messages over a socket, and then
> having a server based solution that will email/notify/etc.

What's the difference to have a mail server allowing anonymous access
or only access from specific hosts and is only able to send mails to
specific addresses etc.? You seem to just reinvent the wheel and would
need to create a server on your own, I don't see any benefits in that
approach. There might even be something already available based on
Syslog or Windows NT event log or such, depending on your environment.

> Also so I am totally clear, what is the most up to date repo/branch?

trunk@HEAD, test with that and afterwards you may have acloser look
into the problem you are seeing.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning