Hello,

I've tried using ant, and we're making progress but there are still some
issues.

This is all currently on OS X.

1 - Despite the command line options it will not build a static library.
 I've tried
      -Denable-shared=no -Denable-static=yes
      -Denable-static=yes
  both times it just makes a dylib

2 - dylib is fine except I can not change the dynamic library install name.
 For xcode I've found it best to set the dynamic library install name to
"@executable_path/../Frameworks/log4cxx_db.dylib", but the ant built dylib
is "liblog4cxx.dylib" and I seem to find no option to change this in the
build.xml file, nor can I find this general option for ant

3 - I see no way to create universal binaries for OS X, or even just
specify a x86 vs x64 bit architecture.

These may be more ant specific questions that I should look into, but
wanted to just start on this list.

Best,
Lucas