Hi I tried to implement the repository selectors.But still problems occurs.
Please find my repository selector below.
However i am not using Servlets to initialize the log4j.
So Even to implement repository selector i am not using servlets.
Our customers requested us to not use servlets.Since we made everything
using Java and jsps.

package com.CK;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.util.HashMap;
import java.util.Map;
import javax.servlet.ServletConfig;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import org.apache.log4j.Hierarchy;
import org.apache.log4j.Level;
import org.apache.log4j.LogManager;
import org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggerRepository;
import org.apache.log4j.spi.RepositorySelector;
import org.apache.log4j.spi.RootCategory;
import java.io.File;
import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.apache.log4j.Level;
import org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator;
/**
 * This RepositorySelector is for use with web applications.
 * It assumes that your log4j.xml file is in the WEB-INF directory.
 * @author  Stan Silvert
 */
public class Log4jSetup implements RepositorySelector
{
   private static boolean initialized = false;
   // This object is used for the guard because it doesn't get
   // recycled when the application is redeployed.
   private static Object guard = LogManager.getRootLogger();

   private static Map repositories = new HashMap();
   private static LoggerRepository defaultRepository;
   /**
    * Register your web-app with this repository selector.
    */
 public static String rPath = null;
 public Log4jSetup(String realPath)
 {
  rPath = realPath;
  //ServletConfig config;
  init();
 }
   public static synchronized void init()
   {
   //String realPath =
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRealPath("/");
   //rPath = realPath;
      if( !initialized ) // set the global RepositorySelector
      {
         defaultRepository = LogManager.getLoggerRepository();
         RepositorySelector theSelector = new Log4jSetup();
         LogManager.setRepositorySelector(theSelector, guard);
         initialized = true;
      }

      Hierarchy hierarchy = new Hierarchy(new
                                RootCategory(Level.DEBUG));
      loadLog4JConfig(hierarchy);
      ClassLoader loader =
           Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
      repositories.put(loader, hierarchy);
   }
   // load config.properties from WEB-INF
   private static void loadLog4JConfig(Hierarchy hierarchy)
   {
    try
    {
   String filePath =
rPath+File.separator+"WEB-INF"+File.separator+"config.properties";
   String logfilePath =
rPath+File.separator+"WEB-INF"+File.separator+"logs"+File.separator;
   if( !(new File(filePath)).isFile())
   {
    System.err.println("ERROR:Log4jSetUp::Cannot read the Log4J
configuration file. " +
    "Please check the path of the config init param in web.xml");
   }
   System.setProperty("ck.base",logfilePath);
   PropertyConfigurator.configure(filePath);
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
            System.err.println("Throws Exception::"+e.getMessage());
       }
    }
   private Log4jSetup() {
   }
   public LoggerRepository getLoggerRepository() {
      ClassLoader loader =
             Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
      LoggerRepository repository =
            (LoggerRepository)repositories.get(loader);

      if (repository == null) {
          return defaultRepository;
      } else {
          return repository;