>> Who are those people? Maybe they should comment on this?
I am one of those people.  At this point I have minimal (if any)
understanding of the actual patch insertion process, but given I don't
have write privileges that is okay.  I also have minimal/no
understanding of how to apply patches that are not "committed" to
something I am building.  (I know I need to read the manual.)  I have no
allegiance to SVN other than I know I will face it again in the future.

What are the advantages (and disadvantages) to what Dominik is
proposing?  I have never dealt with BitBucket or any of the other items
mentioned.  To be honest, when I first read the description, my eyes
started rolling as my brain said what is all this?  I thought it was a
duplication of effort, but Stefan seems to think it may have merit, so
what is the merit?

Dominik, please understand that no insult is intended in any of my
comments above.  They all stem from my lack of knowledge of the tools in
this space and mostly likely show my ignorance.

Roy Chastain