On Thursday, June 21, 2001, at 01:46  PM, Philip Newton wrote:

> Barbie wrote:
>> If you would rather a list that is just Perl code then
>> c.l.p.m is a fine place to start.
>
> ...which is also cliquey and elitist in a way (especially if you don't
> use
> strict and -w), and has more non-Perl (e.g. CGI) content than some of
> the
> regulars would wish for.

Hm, yes and no. People there are extremely helpful if you show
that you've done your homework, i.e. tried to find a solution
yourself, read the documentation and such. If, on the other hand,
you mistake it for a helpdesk, you'll get flamed, plonked and whatnot.

> p5p is probably more focussed on pure perl, but it's not be the right
> place
> for everyone :)

Especially not for questions *about* Perl. More about perl.

Marcel

--
my int ($x, $y, $z, $n); $x**$n + $y**$n = $z**$n is insoluble if $n > 2;
I have discovered a truly remarkable proof which this signature is too