From: will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 10:56 AM

> <rant>
>
> Has anyone considered actually discussing perl on this list?  I guess
about
> <5% of the discussion on this list is on topic.  I would love to know how
> discussion on user interfaces is relevant here.  Either you use a UI with
> mouse or not.  I don't give a flying fsck what input devices you/they use.
> You could program your perl by headbutting the keyboard for all I care.
It
> is not like I mind some off topic discussion but this list is taking the
> piss somewhat.
>
> </rant>

Will,

As others have pointed out to you (a little rudely in some cases, I
thought), this list is _not_ primarily a technical list. It is a social list
for people using Perl in the London area (or people who like to hang out
with people using Perl).

If you want technical Perl discussion then there are numerous such lists and
you'll find most of them listed at <http://lists.perl.org>.

There is _no_ acceptable topic list for this mailing list and I fully intend
to keep it that way. If you don't enjoy our discussions on beer and Buffy
then perhaps this isn't the right list for you.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dave...
[I turn my back for a hour and a bloody flamewar breaks out!]

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.