On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 18:20, the hatter wrote:
> I knew sol8 did, but if 9 seems to as well, then I'm both slightly
> surprised, and rather happy.  Any idea what the minimum ram necessary is ?
> or how much have you got, and does it seem to have any big speed problems
> in places that you'd attribute to lack of memory ?

I've only got 64Mb of ram on the SS5/170 that I'm running 9 on and it
seems no better and no worse than Solaris 8 on that platform. As always
I'm sure that it would be happier with at least 128Mb.

I was quite surprised that 9 ran on sun4m as the first beta was sun4u
only but the beta refresh doesn't have that restriction.

Shame they dropped Solaris 9/x86 though.

Regards
Clive

--
Clive Hills | Unemployed Solaris/Linux sysadmin | e:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]