On 18/10/02 3:18 pm, "Ben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:09:18PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
>> I want to get ADSL.
>>
>> The question is do I go for a wires only option and buy my own ADSL
>> modem or do i go for Nildram's managed USB frog at a 25 quid one off
>> charge and then 8 quid a month?
>
> Wires only. I have yet to be convinced that anyone reading this list would be
> better off with a managed router. I take some convincing that *anyone*
> can't handle a wires-only connection. Even my adequate-for-me Dlink
> was insanely easy to set up.
>
> I'll even come round and help you set up wires-only in the alternate
> universe where it gives you any problems.
>
> Ben

I would agree with Ben, don't get the frog and don't go usb. Prices on
ethernet modem/routers have dropped through the floor. The single port Dlink
I bought in January for 250quid is now down below 100quid.

There really are a piece of piss to set-up and if you decide to change
suppliers you just reconfigure your kit.

Just my 2p worth.

Neil.
--
Neil Ford