On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 04:45:36PM +0100, Michael Styer wrote:
> For instance, the Draytek Vigor 2600 or 2600We, which I've seen advertised
> on www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk?

I've used Vigors (2200) somewhat and they're a very nice piece of kit. I
imagine the 2600 is equally well made. As someone who's used both
appliances and constructed various homebrew *nix routers, I personally
can no longer see the appeal these days of faffing with a piece of
crappy old hardware, and having it whining and sucking up power day in
day out versus a black-box that Just Works(TM).

YMMV..

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"What is red? It's my favorite thing in the whole world!"
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/