On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 03:19:32PM +0000, Kate L Pugh wrote:
> On Thu 05 Dec 2002, "Natalie S. Ford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Makepeace posted a more involved solution a few months ago:
>   http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm/Week-of-Mon-20021014/014513.html

That's the solution I currently use; however, it's not much use to the
majority of people who - I reckon - don't read their mail in a terminal
session.... It's only because I *do* read my mail this way that I can
cope with unsolicited HTML mail, because I'm using dialup - I agree fully
with Roger's earlier comment. If you want to do shiny graphical things, why
not do them on the Web, where they're meant to be, rather than a kludgy hack
like HTML mail that pisses a lot of people off?

Also a swift Google finds me:
http://www.cse.iitb.ernet.in/~sharat/misc/whyNotHTMLemail.html

--
rare aliment