On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 04:35:32PM +0000, Dirk Koopman said:
> The default setting for "most" mail input on "most" MUAs is HTML. This
> is therefore what "most people" use - whether *we* like it or not.

Is this because they actually want it or they don't know any better?

That's not a troll - I'm painfully aware that I am not an 'average
user' and am genuinely interested.

and enlightening conversation occurred with my Mum earlier this month
when I asked her to trim her posts and not jeopardy/top quote. Apart
from the difficulties that Outlook puts in here way she did try it for
my sake but admitted that she actually likes it because it means she
dioesn't have to archive her mail and can read all mails from previously
in the thread in the same mail and also bring new people in the thread
up to speed quickly.

I could almost see her point.