On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:40:40PM +0000, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> Val d'Isere is wonderful. WONDERFUL. Possibly the best skiing in the
> world, good nursery slopes, excellent ski schools (loads of choice too),

I'd disagree with this. I found that the slopes in Val d'Isere getting back
to the resort were anything but easy when I was there this time last year.
It didn't help that people were crowding onto the only blue run that was
open back down into the valley, and it was far from easy.

> fab nightlife. It's not cheap, but it's not like going to Aspen or
> Courchevel. I'd say it's probably on a par with Saas Fee, perhaps
> slightly better due to the weak Euro.

Courchevel is nice. There is *fantastic* skiing round there. I went to
Mottaret just before Christmas, and the snow at the top of Courchevel
was very good.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002