Andy Wardley wrote:
I can also highly recommend going via Eurostar. I forget how long it
is, something like 8 hours, but then it's only a 20-30 minute minibus ride the other end.
Eurostar normally rocks. If you target Grenoble as the base from which to bus to the resort (and there's quite a good number of resorts very much close by) you could probably get there in circa 6 hours of comfy train because it's TGV all the way. It's likely that at that time of year you'd find a London - Grenoble direct. Grenoble's bus station is right next to the train station.

If you go on the overnight train then you get to party it up all night,
too.
Even if you don't travel overnight you can still party it up. In fact I'd say that not at least getting very drunk in a train is bad form.

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway http://expway.fr/