On March 16, 2021 at 6:24:22 PM, Les Ginsberg wrote:

Les:

Hi!

> But one thing I find missing in your response is some info on what problem
> YOU think needs to be addressed?

I simply think that the specifications are not complete without
guidance on how to use/assign the unused bits.  I rather try to close
that door before a potential problem may come up.

In the extreme case anyone can make use of the bits, through the ISE
or a different SDO -- ideally we will be paying attention, but may
not.  Sure, a registry doesn't stop implementations from squatting on
codepoints either (even inside the IETF), but at least people have to
want to bypass the allocation rules.

My 1c.

Alvaro.