From: Tony Li <tony1ath...@gmail.com> On Behalf Of Tony Li
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 8:24 AM
To: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>
Cc: Alvaro Retana <aretana.i...@gmail.com>;
draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensi...@ietf.org; lsr@ietf.org; John Scudder
<j...@juniper.net>; Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>; lsr-cha...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] When is an IANA Registry Required

Les,

IMO, there is no need for registries for the first category. The WG has been
alive for over 20 years, defined many new TLVs with flags fields, and I am not
aware of any confusion – so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

With all due respect Les, you appear to operate with an eidetic memory of all
things IS-IS, so I think that you discount the confusion that the rest of us
live in.

If a field has values defined in two documents, then there’s confusion. Even
just finding both is a challenge.

Regards,
Tony