Hi, Les:

发件人: forwardingalgori...@ietf.org [mailto:forwardingalgori...@ietf.org] 代表 Les
Ginsberg (ginsberg)
发送时间: 2024年1月9日 5:03
收件人: Yingzhen Qu <yingzhen.i...@gmail.com>; lsr <lsr@ietf.org>; lsr-chairs
<lsr-cha...@ietf.org>
主题: Re: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call - draft-wang-lsr-stub-link-attributes
(01/05/2024 - 01/19/2024)

I oppose WG adoption.

The reasons that I opposed adoption the first time remain valid:

1)      The use of a prefix to represent a link is a flawed concept

[WAJ] The prefix is one of the attributes of the link. Each end of the link
will share this attribute.

2)      RFC 9346 (previously RFC 5316) and RFC 5392 (as well as BGP-LS) are
available to address the use cases.

[WAJ] please see my response to Acee.

The updated draft does nothing to address these points.

I would be less than candid if I did not also say that the second adoption call
is a waste of WG time.

I respect the fact that the draft authors may disagree with the conclusions of
the WG – but that does not mean they have a right to ignore WG consensus.

Let’s please move on.

   Les