Jim,
        because my main app is charcter based, i concentrated on making
the terminal screen work well. i found, after lots of trials, that the
default font works best, and if you select the right size. odd sized tend
to be unreadable, small < 14 are way to small but size 16 to 24 seem to
work well, and one of them will match the monitor really well. i have not
really invested time to find out what would make the proportional fonts
work better. i hope that one of the big users of thinknics has already
done so and will share the findings. julius