Since I am the one who has your ThinkNic I thought I should try it.

I tried it and it works great.  In addition to the blurry fonts, I was
experiencing noise on the screen.  The noise is gone.  The monitor I
used to test it is old, therefore I can't speak for the quality of the
fonts, but they seem to look better too.

One problem - my mouse didn't work.  To fix this I added a line in
rc.local to create a link to /dev/psaux (ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse).

Thanks for the help Jim.

Erick

--
Erick S. Tyack
Acurrus Consulting, LLC                         Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]