> From: "Jason Bechtel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 01:15:52 +0200
>
> 1: "Pushing" a session --
> I believe the original messages regarding the existence of
> x0rfbserver were closely followed by someone mentioning a
> presentation in western Canada (Vancouver?) in which people
> were already doing this.  So, yes, x0rfbserver can be used
> to "push" a session out for training.  This shouldn't be
> hard to do, either.  Once you setup the source session, all
> you have to do is fire up a bunch of viewers.  You could
> devise any of a number of ways to do this...  A new menu
> option on desktops or an auto-run command on login, if
> everyone is supposed to see the demo....

Actually, I think a more secure method would be to simply send out an email
with a link that can be clicked to 'join' the published session.  The password
could be encoded (more secure) and auto-entered, or simply provided as text
(less secure) in the body of the email, and which would then have to be
entered manually when prompted for.

> 2: "Passive Shadowing" (a.k.a. spying) --
> The patches that add the -stealth option to x0rfbserver
> effectively make exactly what your boss is asking for
> possible (and it only took John Cuzzola one rainy Saturday
> to add those).  With no intervention on the part of the
> user, their session can be remotely observed without
> interfering with the keyboard and mouse.  Even if you'd
> setup encrypted email so that no one in between could
> decypher it, the boss could just sit back and watch you
> type it!  x0rfbserver is also distributed with a program
> called rfbcat, which allows you to save x0rfbserver output
> to a file, thus preserving the spyed upon session!

Way kewl!

As much as I hate this kind of option, I do believe that the boss has the
Right to demand that you not 'play' on his time.  But I also firmly believe
(and I believe this is required to make it legal) that the employees have to
be made aware that their sessions can be monitored.

Something that would be even kewler....

The ability to shadow sessions on different LTS networks over a WAN link.  For
example, say I have 5 LTS networks located in different cities... I would like
to be able to shadow sessions in our local office *and/or* in remote
offices...

Is this gonna require additional coding, or is it capable now?

Doing it via an email with a link (app?), this should be possible, as long as
the firewalls are set up properly, no?

Thanks

Charles