>> As distasteful as it sounds, my boss has asked me about the possibility of
>> what I'll call 'Passive Shadowing', ie, shadowing someones workstation without
>> the ability to take it over, and *without them knowing it*, so he can see what
>> they are doing.
>>
>> The reason for this is, we have a big problem with people spending lots of
>> time 'playing' on the internet when they should be working, and the boss would
>> like to be able to look in on them from time to time.
>>
>> I don't like the idea much, but I do see a need for it in some cases.
>>

>I see this as unethical and a violation of an individuals privacy and
>dignity. I would never work for a company that had such equipment. I
>do hope that such covert features never make it to mainstream open
>source code.

Big Boss is watching you.... ;)
Agree !
Doesn't law protect employees from such "big-brothering" ?
BTW:
We use desktop-shadowing feature of Citrix ICA - and we had big discussions regarding
this
issue - since we have some problems with an app, when users forget to log out
"cleanly".
Bu we don't even THINK ABOUT disabling the popup-message feature "request for shared
session -
do you allow this?" - NEVER !

regards
Roland

PS:
Since your boss isn't a sysadmin for sure, how will he know if HE isn't being shadowed
???
;)))