On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Adrian Snyman said:

> We are looking at implementing thin clients across our WAN. However,
> my concern is that due to the limited amout of bandwidth we have, the
> thin clients will be unusable.
>
> How much traffic can we expect on a 64k/bit line with 10 users on the
> remote side ??

I see about 8k of NFS to maintain a quiescent cxn - i.e., no app running.

Depending on the topology, it would seem to make more sense to implement
the TS on the remote side, and use masq to pipe the data over the 64k
line.  This is assuming that there are enough clients on the remote side
to warrant a srvr.  If it's only one or two machines then it's a different
matter I suppose.

> Does xdmcp only send update traffic through ?? or is it a full screen
> refresh ??

AFAIK, in general X does pretty well running over a remote cxn.