Take a look at TightVNC - http://www.tightvnc.com/ - I've had good results
over a dial-up connection.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Snyman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 7:09 AM
Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] X Display overhead

> Does anyone think that the X consortium will eventually try and optomise
the
> Code for minmising the data exchange requirements for screen updates ??
>
> I know it's a long way off from being ICA or RDP .. but surely there will
be
> work in this area ..
>
> I noticed that a lot of thin clients out there are going the Linux route
on a
> flash ROM/Drive .. meaning that they are stripping X to the bare bones ..
> surely there must be people/organizations looking at improving the native
> performance of X ?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> ADRIAN SNYMAN
> +27 82 600-1211
> +27 11 397-1640
>
> /* Beat me, whip me, make me use Windows !! */
> ==================
> The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of
the author and not those of Supply Chain Services or its management.  The
information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
distribution or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is
prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity
of information and data transmitted electronically and to preserve the
confidentiality thereof, no liability or responsibility whatsoever is
accepted if information or data is, for whatever reason, corrupted or does
not reach its intended destination.