I can definitely understand that.  When we were entirely citrix/wts, we had
a handful of 486's and a router at each remote office, and nothing else.
However, that gave us a single point of failure, the frame-relay links.

I really liked not having anything of much importance at the remotes and was
reluctant to want to put a ltsp server at each one.  However, with the
remote adminstration capabilities, reliablility , and linux's high tolerance
for older, less powerful hardware make it a much smaller issue than with
citrix/wts. And, if the frame links go down, anything loaded on the local
ltsp server will still run.

I have been running this way for over a year, and I wouldnt want to switch
back.  I usually make one or two trips per year to each remote office,
mostly to do preventive maintenance or upgrades.  This has been the case
with linux or citrix/wts.

-Jeff