From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Schardenzar
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 10:30 PM
To: Anselm Martin Hoffmeister
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Neoware Capio Terminal

Thank you for your reply Anselm,
Please see the included information at the end of this email...

> Hello Schardenzar,
>
> Sunday, December 15, 2002, 3:47:15 AM, you wrote:
>
> S> Greetings.
> S> Being new to LTSP, I want to check whether anyone has
> S> any particular opinion about whether a Neoware Capio 504
> S> terminal will suffice for building an LTSP proof of concept at work.
> S> It has no floppy or hard drives, but does have 8MB flash memory,
> S> 32MB SDRAM and a LAN card supporting BOOTP.
> S> I can/will give more complete specs if that is necessary.
> S> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
> S> - Schard
>
> Generally speaking, 32MB SDRAM is by far enough. i386 compatible CPU
> is required (though my short google search let me call to thought if
> Geode was some kinda mac thing, which would NOT work with LTSP so far),
> as well as X11-supported graphics hardware (you know the
> chipset?)... the LAN-card supports bootp, well, but does it PXE too or
> do you have the tools to make a bootable disk image for that boot
> protocol used by that board? Or could you address that flash-mem like
> a floppy disk (but how to get data there when not booting via
> network...) and put an etherboot .lzdsk there?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Anselm                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Answers:
- Yes, i386 compatible.
- Although I could not find the chipset,
  the specifications imply that it supports X11.
- I do not know how possible it is to change the
  boot image through the mechanisms you mention
  but page 2 of the specs may answer that for you:
  http://www.neoware.com/docs/specs/5xx.pdf

Thank you again for your assistance,
- Schard