> I don't know if this is the same problem we had, but sounds very similar
> a problem we had. There are three files in /var/lib/nfs that we had to
> remove: etab, rtab and xtab. If you remove them, they are recreated on
boot.

Mike,

So sorry. I should have noted that the nfs service must be stopped, then the
files removed, then restart the service. If they are not there, the files
will be created when the service is started.

service stop nfs
rm /var/lib/nfs/*tab
service start nfs

(if you are uncomfortable rename the three files to .old and move them to
the /tmp file -- I know it makes me nervous doing things, stabbing around in
the dark)

I realized in the middle of the night I didn't explain this very well. We
actually had to do this a second time just recently when the hub/switch in
the server room died and we had to replace it.  (It was explained to me in
"simplistic" terms as I am a newbie, this time nfs got confused.) What was
curious to me is that this time the behavior of the terminals was much
different, and yet the solution was the same....

Rita Gibson
Tech Support
Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning