On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:43:25PM +1000, Ken Yap wrote:
> >> 5.0.10 is ancient. You should be using 5.2.2.
> >
> >i have not yet upgraded in ltsp v4
> >
> >so maybe i am forced to upgrade
>
> Well what do you expect, you are using old software with new hardware.
> Some of the newer e1000 models weren't supported until Georg Baum ported
> the latest changes from the Linux driver.
>
> Honestly gigabit NICs are wasted on clients, there are people on this
> list who would kill to have one for their server, but I suppose it came
> with the motherboard.

you 're right, so when i receive new PC i will remove the card and i
will put an old via-rhine 10Mb ;-)

who want a eepro1000 Gb on this list? i send it to you...

more seriously, i am testing ltsp client to reach an openMosix cluster
so i need Gigabits cards and good CPU

thanks

ML

--
     Maurice Libes
Tel : +33 (04) 91 82 93 25            Centre d'Oceanologie de Marseille