On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Timothy Legge wrote:

> > dhcp request from the terminal, offer from the server, and ack from
> the
> > terminal, at which point the terminal and server start communicating
> over
> > standard IP.  the terminal then requests a kernel specified in
> > /etc/dhcpd.conf via tftp, according to syslog and ngrep.  and starts
> > pull it down at like 1 or 2 k a second for about 30-60 seconds, then
> times
> > out, displaying "cant find a kernel to boot" on the terminal screen.
> this
> > is all happening in the bios of the terminal.
>
> I did a quick review of the docs.  It probably uses pxe enabled cards or
> its own software to download the kernel.  That being the case it is
> probably looking for a kernel with a specific format.

What do you mean specific format?  Like a certain compression?

I'm working on going the route of booting from the CF disk now.  There is
already a linux kernel(probably put there by citrix) on the CF, as well as
netscape and a terminal application.  Do you think I would have better
success trying to hack a running terminal over the network connection, or
going in through a card reader?

peace,
scott

> You may need to