> What do you mean specific format?  Like a certain compression?

I am not familiar with that hardware so it is difficult to say.  I know
that Etherboot expects its kernels to be tagged with mknbi or mkelf.  I
don't know enough about the details but Etherboot cannot directly boot a
Linux kernel.  If the device is downloading via pxe you may want to look
at pxe linux.

> I'm working on going the route of booting from the CF disk now.  There
is
> already a linux kernel(probably put there by citrix) on the CF, as
well as
> netscape and a terminal application.  Do you think I would have better
> success trying to hack a running terminal over the network connection,
or
> going in through a card reader?

I really couldn't comment.  I know enough to hack Etherboot a little but
reverse engineering a thin terminal is a little over my head at the
moment.  Of course if you were to send me one of those I could happily
play with it. ;-)

Tim