> snappy.  Also the Bondi Blue iMacs
> (ugly green with 233Mhz proc) run perfect from square one.  The newer fruity
> colored
> macs may run into some trouble with starting X.  If this is the case you will
> be looking to create a custom XF86Config file.  But you're better off
> starting
> a new thread to solve that if you get that far :-)

Well, it's late and I'm bored :-)  So here is a snip from an old post about
creating a
custom XF86Config file for your macs if X won't work with the default:

My guess is that X is failing to start.  You might need a custom XF86Config.
The
easiest way to do this is to boot from a PPC Live CD (Such as Ubuntu PPC) that
correctly
detects your video card.  Then steel the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and move it
to your
servers /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc folder and name the file XF86Config.emac.  Open the
XF86Config.emac file and if you see any references to 127.0.0.1 change that to
the IP
address of your server. Then in the /opt/ltsp/ppc/etc/lts.conf file add the
following
lines:

[MA:CA:DD:RE:SS:XX]
         XSERVER            = r128
         XF86CONFIG_FILE    = XF86Config.emac

Be sure to substitute MA:CA:DD:RE:SS:XX with the actual Mac Address of the the
emac you
are trying to boot.

And here is a snip from some old posts as well on how to quick test boot from
Open
Firmware before making permanent changes:

Start the iMac while holding cmd+option+o+f to get into Open Firware.
At the prompt type:
"boot enet:192.168.0.254,yaboot" (if you're not using the defaults
substitute your own IP) then hit enter.  This should initiate the
network boot sequence.  The line above will
only work for the current bootup.

If you want you can check /tftpboot and be sure that yaboot.conf,
yaboot, the ppc kernel and ppc init files are there.  Also check
/opt/ltsp/ and be sure the ppc folder is present.

Also this stuff is pulled from old threads on [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.
I posted
a lot of stuff on this out there a few years back.  So you may want to search
the
archives from that list as well for tips.

Jim