> as far as I can tell, I have no choice as I have spent the entire day
> and not gotten past the NFS Server waiting issue at 'pivotroot' time.

I'm sure it is something simple and a comparison against a known working set up
would
most likely clear it up fairly quick.  I don't have access to such a server
right now
and can't remember the set up good enough to give you proper guidance.
Shouldn't take
too long to load up the K12 discs on an old box, wouldn't have to be anything
fancy as
you aren't going to use it for production.  It sounds like you know all the
config files
involved and are just missing some small tweaks to get it going, I'll bet after
the
install and some quick comparing you could get it figured out pretty quick.