On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:33:23 -0700, Mel Wade wrote
> <snip>
> So a Windows Remote Desktop can be on a standalone, fat or thin client.
> I imagine that every instance of the remote desktop shares the IP etc.
> </snip>
>
> This is true, except for the Virtual IPs Citrix sets up.
>
> Mel

I wonder if this could be achieved in LTSP with virtual IP's?  I run a few
servers with
eth0, eth0:1, eth0:2, etc set up on the same nic.  Then create extra files with
the
other IP information.  Now one nic answers on multiple IP addresses.  Since
Citrix
licensing is most likely based on how many users you will concurrently connect,
I wonder
if they don't create virtual interfaces with some sort of script on startup,
then when
each session is started assign separate virtual NICs to each session.

For someone who really knows what is going on in the world of LTSP, I'll bet
they could
figure out how to set this up.

Of course, with local apps, just run your browser as a local app and I assume
the
problem goes away......did mention how awesome I think it is that they have
gotten local
apps working?

Jim