Trey Hunsucker skrev:
> Is your LTS and dhcp server the same box?
>
> If they are different, does your dhcp server point to your LTS? Dumb
> question I know but I've managed to type it wrong before.
>
> I know that I've had random issues with tftp timeouts when this was the
> case. To fix the situation I setup ProxyDhcp
> (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ProxyDHCP) and that resolved
> the issue. Before I moved to setting the proxy dhcp in a live environment, I
> setup my dhcp server as a TFTP server and copied the tftp files off the LTS
> and moved them to the dhcp server. This was a quick fix but it helped me
> confirm what was wrong.
>
> Trey

Hi and thank you very much for your time and answer!
- it's one box. And I've setup LOTS of LTSP stuff - but only the ol'
LTSP4.2. This 5'er gives me problems.

My dhcpd.conf is ok. Nextserver line is in place.

Do you say that I should install ProxyDhcp onto my LTSP server
(openSUSE11.2)?

I just don't understand it, I just dumped the router and connected the
whole thing to a new switch and a new router. Just to play safe. Same
problem.

Mind you, I'm open for trying out lots of suggestions, I've got a full
blown test environment with a BIG server, routers, switches and clients.
So...yes I'm ready to test :-)