On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Verner Kjærsgaard <v...@os-academy.dk> wrote:

> CyberOrg skrev:
>> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Verner Kjærsgaard <v...@os-academy.dk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm quite confident that the culprit is in the network card which is
>>> exactly a ID:14E4/1696 which according to various sources is a Broadcom
>>> NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet BCM5781 netcard.
>>>

>> What kernel module does the network card require? To find that out you
>> can probably boot live CD/DVD/USB, do hwinfo --network.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> -J
>
> ...hold on a sec, I'm Live booting Ubuntu 9.10...
> - this is the output
>

>  Driver Modules: "tg3"

tg3 is included in the initrd.

Get pictures of ctrl+alt+fX, switch to another tty before kernel panic
to take picture.

Other thing I can suggest is boot server from Li-f-e DVD/USB[1],
configure LTSP following Quick_Start[2] guide, change SUSE_VERSION in
/etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp if it is not correct, connect the client
directly to the server to test. Test different hardwares available
before testing broken ones to make sure ltsp is configured properly.

Goodluck.

-J

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/Education/Live
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP/Quick_start