here is a link from our old wiki archive:

http://old-en.opensuse.org/LTSP/Cluster/Setup

Not really step by step but covers basics of what is involved.

Adding ssh keys of all servers specified in /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp is
done automatically on openSUSE, but you can easily run ssh-keyscan ip >>
/your/chroot/path/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts for all servers, before building
image.

http://sourceforge.net/p/kiwi-ltsp/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/kiwi-ltsp/ltsp/suse-13.2/root/usr/share/ltsp/get_hosts