On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 3:30 AM, <asmo.koski...@arkki.info> wrote:

> I did have load balancing in our school. Two identical monster server
> and dhcp failover.

<snip>

> Here is old howto I did use.
>
> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuDHCPload-balancingFailover

We tried it some days ago but could not get the required output. At
that time we were not much familiar with the things but now we are
quite familiar as well as Damn Interested. :)

> I have my old setup here, maybe you can have some ideas:
>
> Please, use Google Translate - http://tinyurl.com/lj36kne
> http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/LTSP5_M%C3%A4ntykankaan_koulu

This seems great help. Thanks!

> Here is setup for master server:
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Mantykangas/ltsp-master/

<snip>

> Here is setup for slave server:
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Mantykangas/ltsp-slave/

<snip>

> I have to say that maybe you should use Debian based system with those
> old HP t5xxx. Not Ubuntu. Go to IRC and ask 'vagrantc', he knows all
> about LTSP and Debian.

We will work on both as a parallel team. You are suggesting Debian
because of stability issue or something else?

How you define the master and slave server?
Like:

Master server = Root Server
Slave Server=Application Server

We have four Servers so What should be our model One master Three
slaves or Two master two slaves?

--

Thanks
Arshpreet singh

ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਆਸਾਂ ਉਮੀਦਾਂ ਦੇ, ਹਰਦਮ ਬੂਟੇ ਹਰੇ Rehnde