I was running EdUbuntu in a school environment and tried to implement
clustering and never was able to get it working. Thehttps://
www.ltsp-cluster.org/ is so old it belongs in the wayback archives. I had
come to the conclusion that the Ubuntu community is more concerned with the
bells and whistles of the desktop than with clustering and that is fine.
But trying to use old, none supported documentation turned into one huge
time sink. I finally concluded that if I ever were to get clustering going
I would need to switch to Debian. Just my opinion but it seems that
community is much more devoted to maintaining clustering capabilities than
the Ubuntu communty by a long shot. Don't waste your time with Ubuntu. They
obviously don't care about clustering so their Edubuntu package is
basically limited to what one server can handle.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 2:25 AM, arshpreet singh <arsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 3:30 AM, <asmo.koski...@arkki.info> wrote:
>
> > I did have load balancing in our school. Two identical monster server
> > and dhcp failover.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Here is old howto I did use.
> >
> > https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuDHCPload-balancingFailover
>
> We tried it some days ago but could not get the required output. At
> that time we were not much familiar with the things but now we are
> quite familiar as well as Damn Interested. :)
>
> > I have my old setup here, maybe you can have some ideas:
> >
> > Please, use Google Translate - http://tinyurl.com/lj36kne
> > http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/LTSP5_M%C3%A4ntykankaan_koulu
>
> This seems great help. Thanks!
>
> > Here is setup for master server:
> >
> > http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Mantykangas/ltsp-master/
>
> <snip>
>
> > Here is setup for slave server:
> >
> > http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Mantykangas/ltsp-slave/
>
> <snip>
>
> > I have to say that maybe you should use Debian based system with those
> > old HP t5xxx. Not Ubuntu. Go to IRC and ask 'vagrantc', he knows all
> > about LTSP and Debian.
>
> We will work on both as a parallel team. You are suggesting Debian
> because of stability issue or something else?
>
> How you define the master and slave server?
> Like:
>
> Master server = Root Server
> Slave Server=Application Server
>
> We have four Servers so What should be our model One master Three
> slaves or Two master two slaves?
>
> --
>
> Thanks
> Arshpreet singh
> http://arshpreetsingh.wordpress.com/
>
> ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਆਸਾਂ ਉਮੀਦਾਂ ਦੇ, ਹਰਦਮ ਬੂਟੇ ਹਰੇ Rehnde

BungeeBones.com - A B2B Link Exchange - Free Links in limited locations -
human edited and reviewed - Networked online advertising business
opportunities available through our free, distributed web directory script