Well, I've partially answered my own questions ...

I've downloaded the desktop and server ISOs at
http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/12.04 and they appear to boot right to
Ubuntu and presumably have some scripts the install things, including LTSP. I
saw no LTSP repositories on those CDs. So, this does not appear to be an option
since I'm trying to use Slackware, not create a stand-alone Ubuntu server.

I then went to
https://sourceforge.net/p/kiwi-ltsp/wiki/Install%20on%20other%20distributions/
per Jigish Gohil's suggestion and examined the retrieved kiwi-ltsp.tar.xz.  It
has lots of files that install in /etc, /usr and /srv, but that's all I figure
out.  There is no README in the tarfile, or further instructions on the
website.
Lots of assumed knowledge with this and I've no idea what to do next.

Next, per James McQuillan's, Jigish Gohil's and Vagrant Cascadian's suggestions
I downloaded the "branches" from launchpad:

$ bzr branch lp:ltsp/ldm-trunk
$ bzr branch lp:ltsp/ltsp-trunk

These look more promising and understandable. I'll see what I can do with these
and post back.

--Mark