> I'm going to try downloading and tweaking the Ubuntu LTSP and see
> if I can get that going per Christopher Roberts' "suggestion".

Apologies if my earlier email was overly brief! I started typing up a much
longer one and then thought that my first response should be to simply ask
if there was a specific reason why you felt that they could not be combined.

At the end of the day if LTSP will work with Windows Active Directory then
it should work with any "distro"!

I note that you have DHCP running on the Samba4 AD server - that would need
to be moved over to your new LTSP server, or at least that would be the
simplest option. As I understand it, DHCP is not a core component of AD so
that shouldn't be an issue for you. You would just need to ensure that DHCP
on the LTSP server is set-up correctly - so that it configures clients with
for DNS pointing at the Samba 4 server.

Personally I have only used Debian LTSP and I never integrated it with AD.
And now we are using Samba4 AD, but have stopped using LTSP, having reverted
to the dark side :(. LTSP was great, sadly OpenOffice / LibreOffice just
weren't compatible enough for us.

Kind regards,

Chris.