At 05:50 PM 11/4/2007, vance wood wrote:
>You cannot argue with a Guitar player about fixed metal frets, especially
>if their only exposure to the Lute is at a distance.  They have to have
>first hand experience with gut frets and the fineness of the sound before
>they start to grasp the significance of them.  Don't even try discussing
>different temperament, that's like having that discussion with a piano player.

Come now, I'm a guitar player who has no problem with gut frets on my
gut-fretted thingies or with fixed metal on my wire-fretted thingies.  I
suppose modern guitarists could be equally correct in saying "You cannot
argue with a lute player about tied-gut frets and all manor of non-equal
temperament schemes that do not permit modulation or the use of many
accidentals on fretted strings."  Play and enjoy.  Feel free to listen if
you happen to hear somebody else playing something you enjoy.

Peace to all brethren and sistren in pluckiude,
Eugene