Phew. What a discussion. I was away for a few days and just finished digging through my inbox.

Forlorn hope has been my favourite for decades and is still in my top ten not necessarily only among lute music. What a piece! In my humble opinion, Edin's interpretation is as well interesting as fascinating as, alas, disgusting. I like his rather fast tempo which is about what I am heading for. I very much like his nuances, e.g. a portato bass over very light, hushed treble figurations. Brilliant! Too much lute music is played in an overly introverted manner which is often dull and boring.

But I utterly dislike the jarring sounds at 1:27 ff. WTF is this good for? And why does he change to a comparatively sweet tone a few bars later? The music does not call for this, why these effects? Smattering! The minor ending is abominable, it almost destroys the piece, although I understand what Roman says, I just cannot follow.

I do not mind the silly video. I did not like Genesis' (or rather anybody's) stage show although I still love their music. The video is not important.

I'd extremely like to hear a sensitive musician like Edin play without what are for me cheap effects. One can sense great things hidden under silly shenanigans.