On Friday 25 January 2008 07:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] rattled on the keyboard:
> Roman Turovsky wrote:
> > http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWvfnGpF-Y
>
> Very good and activating provocation, Roman. You really made the list
> talk about important and interesting matters. Well done and thanks for
> that!
>
> And then of course my personal opinions (aren't opinions always
> personal?). Two views, a) about what I hear, b) about what I see:
>
> a) The musical performance: I think K plays the piece in a very
> guitaristic (in the 20th century sense) way, vertically, not
> horizontally More often than the melodies he is playing the chords. This
> reminds me remotely the way Glenn Gould played some of Bach's polyphony
> as impressionistic chord progressions. I guess K has very good
> technique? If he really has, I just wonder why he chooses to play the
> melodies (well, those fragments in between his chords) not legato, but
> most often portato. To my ears his melodies (the fragments) also often
> lack direction and shape. Some notes are actually quite crude and in
> some notes the sound is nearly absent.
>
> b) The video: To my taste the video is a horrible mixture of spooky
> B-class movie and a coffee advertisement in TV. I can see that they have
> tried to be deep and profound. But to me they have only achieved a
> parody of profoundness; I laughed when seeing the video first time. Sorry!
>
> All the best,
>
> Arto

Haha a down to earth analysis. I think it fits nicely with the sting
interpretation of dowland of what I saw on youtube. Suppose K. had played in
a way that everybody on this list would have said 'Wow, super historical
correct and played so nice'. Wouldn't that be very strange?

 It reminds me somehow of these horrible reproductions some people have on the
wall of a crying child.
taco