Late to the party, sorry..

Nice piece. What a cool piece. What a really cool piece.

Cadence probably not by Dowland, so OK to write your own. Look at the
wandering excursions in the Holmes mss. for examples.
Stylistcally eccentric, but, most recordings of ren music  do not
display a thorough knowledge of  ren ornamentation.

The close miking (I'm guessing that's why it is soooo squeaky) makes
it sound stranger than it is.

Synch issues--these are often codec issues with youtube. Sometimes
it's milli, but sometimes just vanilli.
I have had many times to upload videos many time to get them in sych,
add noise during the credits, etc.

Chris's comments about major/minor are both insightful and right on
the mark, though a carefull examination of German prints and mss
reveals that occasional minor is found contemporaneous, are almost
contemporaneous, with French sources. Medial minor of course dates to
Spinaccino.  The pervasive and persuasive appearance of signed minor
cadences in good sources does seem to indicate a French origin, but
it may be that the late renaissance sources may eventually yield more
of a balance of German pieces, particularly in the tenorlieder rep.,
much of which is still unknown.

The ending is maybe out of place in Dowland, but to be fair not
nearly as as strange
  as the worst of the Dowland sources, some of which leave out huge
amounts of material. Some  16th c.copyists could not bear the end of
Sempre Dowland; Sempre Dolens, so they changed it.
Probably the same folks that sawed the end off the Baffo harpsichord.

The harshness of the sound seems strange, but perhaps we cultivate a
sweeter sound than is historical. The bridge squatters must have had
a sound with a frisson of "eau de rommelpot". Character!

Lest I gain any credibility at all from the above ,
It is interesting to posit an alternative universe in which this
performance was substituted for La Rossignol in the PBS series
Elizabeth R in 1971. W00t!

dt