----- Original Message ----- From: ""Mathias Rösel"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Roman Turovsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> A few years ago, I told a friend about your compositions for lute, and
> how you used the pseudonym "Sautscheck". He was much amused. He is a
> retired lecturer in German, and so is familiar with the German > language.
> He said that "Sautscheck" has certain pejorative connotations, but I
I am unaware of that. There are a dozen S's in the German notebook.

No such connotations known in German. Perhaps he heard a Denglish
combination of G. Sau (sow) + E. check. Yet to German ears, there's no
connotation to the name Sautschek at all. All that you can hear is that
it probably stems from Bohemia or Poland (-ek), and that is by no means
pejorative.

Schade, it would have been a good point for Sautscheck's detractors

Donatella

--
Best,

Mathias