Let me assure that the mere Sautscheck word evokes no pejorative undertones at all to me although the Sau- prefix is pretty common here and means just what Stewart says. It is not very rude, though. Can be used talking to your mother-in-law without any risk. Sautscheck merely sounds vaguely slavonic which is more or less synonymic here with probably ok but take care of your car. What a silly thing all those prejudices are, aren't they?

I have only been wondering why the more common spelling Sautschek has not one hit in the phone directory and Sautscheck has seven just as Roman says!