Dear Stewart,

no offense was intended, and I'm sorry if my words  caused offense,
nevertheless. All I wanted was to make clear that "-tschek / -tscheck"
offers no allusions nor connotations in German to Czech.
English speakers will pronounce "Czech" the same as "check" (just as
there will not be much of a difference between Bach and a buck in terms
of phonetics).
In German, however, the ch-sound in words like Tschechen (people),
Tschechien (country), tschechisch (being Czech) is not pronounced ck.
German ch after vowels e,i,ö,ü, is pronounced something between [y] like
in yes and [x] like in loch. That much for German.
As for the Czech themselves, Ceska is the word. Russian also has ?????
as well as ???????. Either [sk] or [x], but def. not [k].

IOW, you will have to be an English speaker of German to connect
-tscheck with Tscheche. Yet in German or Czech there is no way to
connect -tscheck / -tschek with words for Czech.

Curious how the Russian script will come through,

Mathias