"David Tayler" <vidan...@sbcglobal.net> schrieb:
>    Have you looked at the Principes de musique  of Monteclair, because
>    that I think is one of the most important sources for ornamentation
>    practice,

There's certainly no argument about the importance of Montéclair's book.
1736 is a bit late, though, regarding composers of Mesangeau's
generation (1638), don't you think?

>    and then  the airs avec doubles of Lambert for the brouderie
>    style you can feather in.

That was a bit too colloquial for me, I'm afaid. What is brouderie, and
what does feather in mean?
And how do airs de court by Michel Lambert (several volumes 1660-1710),
father-in-law to Lully, elucidate, and relate to, ornaments in French
baroque lute music (with French lute composers trying to differ from
contemporary mainstream music-making as much as they could)?

Mathias